Fast food has always gained a bad reputation among the public, especially weight watchers. Unfortunately, kebab is one of them! Originally from the Ottoman Empire (Turkey), this popular dish is one of the most famous street foods. Typically made using lamb, doner kebab prepared by the Sydney kebab manufacturers includes certified halal lamb, salt, white pepper, onion powder, breadcrumbs, natural seasoning and natural flavouring. This takeaway food can also be eaten as a meal substitute or as a snack. While this is a favourable dish that is easy to make and delicious, it can be nutritious and healthy too.
Health Benefits of Doner Kebab
Generally, people consider doner kebab meat unhealthy because it is high in calories. But they are a healthier fast-food option because they aren’t deeply fried, unlike other street food varieties. However, doner kebab meat contains fat, and the amount of fat varies depending on the meat used, and the ingredients added. For instance, lamb shoulder steak has less fat percentage compared to minced lamb. One of the best ways to find out what’s in your kebab is to ask your Sydney kebab manufacturers.
Micronutrients in Doner Kebab Meat
The top 6 micronutrients found in doner kebab meat are listed here.
- Vitamin B12 – 5 micrograms of vitamin B12 is found per portion of kebab meat. This vitamin is crucial for your mental health, proper functioning of the immune system, prevents fatigue and tiredness.
- Zinc – A single portion of doner kebab meat contains 79% of recommended Zinc, a micronutrient that strengthens your immune system. It’s also responsible for DNA creation, protection of eyesight, the ability to process information, and more.
- Niacin – Niacin found in doner kebab meat is helpful in energy creation, promoting mental health, builds a robust nervous system, and decreases tiredness. 14.5mg of niacin is found in doner meat.
- Pantothenic Acid – The 2.75mg of Pantothenic Acid present in doner kebab meat is responsible for good mental health, energy creation and eliminates fatigue.
- Phosphorus – Doner kebab meat contains 75% of the daily recommended amount of Phosphorus, which is helpful for the normal functioning of your body cells. Moreover, it is useful in the normal functioning of your body cells, maintains healthy bones, improves oral health, and promotes growth in children.
- Omega 3 ALA – 0.775 mg of omega 3 ALA is found in doner meat and is responsible for maintaining cholesterol levels and improving the function of your heart.
The Bottom Line
Doner kebab is not as unhealthy and harmful as most people think. With the right amount of ingredients, you can make it healthier. So, what are you waiting for? Buy kebab meat now to delight your tastebuds without any guilt while improving your health.