Kebab is a popular dish that pretty popular in several restaurants. This Turkish dish made with fresh doner kebab meat for sale is either wrapped in pita or served with special rice or sides. It’s one of the most demanded takeaway meals that people can’t get enough of. However, many of them are not quite sure if its safe to reheat the doner meat when they have some leftover. Well, the answer is down below:
Is it Safe to Reheat Kebab?
Yes, you can reheat doner kebabs the next day, but it is not advisable to do so the day after. You’d already know that kebabs are made of layers of meat, such as chicken, lamb, and more. Meats don’t stay fresh for too long. Make sure that you are purchasing fresh doner kebab meat for sale, so that they are safe to reheat once. Heating the kebabs again won’t be good and the food will also lose its taste.
How to Reheat Doner Kebab:
Now that you know it’s okay to reheat kebab once, you might want to know what’s the proper way to go about it. Heat up your leftover kebab either using a microwave or a stove. Here’s how.
1. If You’re Using a Microwave:
Perhaps the easiest way to reheat your kebab meat is with the help of a microwave. Once you buy doner meat kebab meat from a restaurant, ensure to store the salad and the kebab separately from each other in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and pat down the meat using a kitchen towel to remove excess fat.
- Heat it up for 30 seconds and let it sit for another 30 seconds to distribute the heat throughout the meat.
- Repeat this until the meat is fully heated. Don’t overheat it, else you’d overcook the meal.
- Bread heats up pretty quickly, so just warm it up for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Serve the pita bread on a plate, with the heated meat placed on it. Spread the salad all over it.
2. If You’re Using the Stove:
Heating the doner kebab on the stove will help retain the juices in the meat. Take out the meat from the kebab and put it in a hot pan on a stovetop. Heat up the meat, but remember not to overcook it. If necessary, you could also add some garlic or spices to enhance the flavour.
Warm the pita, after which you can serve the bread and meat together with salad to top it off.
When you have some doner meat leftover, do not store it in the fridge before its completely cooled down. Place the meat and pita bread in airtight containers to ensure it stays fresh. If you are running a business, make sure to only deal with reputable suppliers charging reasonable wholesale kebab meat prices without any compromise in quality.